Learn how to thrive in the outdoors at Birkheads Wild
building outdoor confidence
Developing your skills in bushcraft will enable you to survive and thrive in the outdoors.
The whole ethos of bushcraft helps you to reconnect with our ancestors: re-learning lost skills and considering how things could be done differently.
When you spend time developing bushcraft skills with us you will also improve your ability to switch off your brain from the stresses of daily life, disconnect from modern living and reconnect with the outdoors. How good does that sound?
Our approach to bushcraft is about feeling comfortable, confident and relaxed in the outdoors. Along the way you'll also learn basic survival skills, and more about nature and the world around you.
Our bushcraft sessions can be booked separately, bolted-on to an overnight camp or as part of a half or full day here 'in the wild'. We'll adapt each session to the needs, abilities and interests of your group. Sessions include:
- Making Fire - learning to light fires using primitive methods
- Fieldcraft - learn how to get closer to nature without it running away!
- Tracking - feeding signs, poos and clues - its more than just footprints!
- Shelter - discover man-made and natural shelters and have a go at constructing them
- Cordage - making natural string using the plants around you and we can also teach you how to make the classic paracord bracelet
- The Kelly Kettle Challenge - work in groups using your firelighting skills to get your water boiling for a cuppa
- Bushcraft Guided Walk - discover the uses of the trees and plants around you