Our mission and values were developed in partnership with our team and with the young people who visit us regularly.
our mission = why we do what we do
we believe that getting outdoors is vital to every aspect of our health and wellbeing, and crucial to our understanding of nature and the world around us.
we want to help local young people (and their families )to have more opportunities to discover, explore and enjoy the outdoors.
birkheads wild is a social enterprise which means we reinvest any surplus funds we make to help provide more outdoor experiences for local young people.
- we create a safe space and are considerate to each other.
- we pay close attention to the birkheads wild site and the natural world around us.
- we are thoughtful and consider the views of young people in all we do.
- we share our love of the outdoors with others.
- we share what we know and pass on our knowledge freely.
- our leaders and volunteers always try their best to be role models.
- we work well together.
- we work with the community and with young people at the heart of all we do.
- we know we can achieve more when we join together with other people and projects.
- we try not to cause damage to the environment.
- we want to be here for a long time into the future.
- we make sure we always have enough money to continue our mission.
grow our own
- we invest in our volunteers,our team and our young people so they can grow and develop.
- we grow our own vegetables, recycle, upcycle, make our own and shop local where possible.
If you want to learn more please get in touch...