We'd like to introduce you to the people behind Birkheads Wild...
Our Directors give up their time to help the organisation as volunteers, and bring a wealth of experience to the social enterprise.
Meet The Team
We have a dedicated, professional team of freelance Forest School and Outdoor Leaders and volunteers who run and support our regular sessions with young people at Birkheads Wild. They share our values and work hard to bring memorable outdoor experiences to young people who visit.
If you are interested in joining our team please Get In Touch
- Corrina Mullholland, Forest School Lead Practitioner and Birthday Party Lead Corrina@birkheadswild.org.uk
- Clare Davis, Forest School Assistant and Business Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merry Ashford, Green Woodworker, DofELeader email@example.com
- Mark Phillips, Forest School Leader, DofE Leader
- Sally Truswell, Forest School Leader
- Suzanne Powell, Forest School Leader
- Alice Holliday, Forest School Leader and Wild & Curious Lead
- Alex Millican, Forest School Leader
Our Leaders are supported by a team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers of all ages who support the young people who visit or who work on our Community Garden.
Youth Board - Birkheads Wild Young Leaders
Young people are at the heart of all we do at Birkheads Wild. In 2021 we launched our Youth Board, inviting applications from teenagers across Gateshead.
14 young people with diverse backgrounds and life experiences were selected by the Non-exec Directors.
The young leaders attended our bespoke leadership development programme thanks to support from a Tyne and Wear High Sheriff Award with the Community Foundation for Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
Our Young Leaders help set our future direction and activities, assist with fundraising and volunteer on causes they care about. They all love the outdoors and keep us real.
Funders and Supporters
A huge thankyou to our funders and supporters over the last 5 years
If you want to learn more please get in touch...